Hmmm...some stuff I've learned. 37 weeks means the baby is full term and could arrive any day. I really can't complain about this pregnancy thing, just a bit of nausea and sore feet from time to time. For the last week or so it's been almost comical...I have to really work to get out of bed to hit the washroom 3 or 4 times a night. Stephen has had to move a lounger chair into the living room because it is too hard to get up off of the couch after lying down. My ribs are bruised from the kicking on the inside so much that I can't lie on one side.
I really would recommend only working until 35 or 36 weeks. I've gone in to work 20 of the last 22 days, many of those being evenings in addition to a full day...it's too much and doesn't leave much time to get stuff ready for a baby. It still doesn't feel real somehow.
Steve and I are going to be parents! My parental model is a single-parent family which makes me nervous...how does this work with two people working together? How will I deal with going from such a crazy work schedule to being home with an adorable (yes, I'm assuming) little creature all day? How will our precious cats react? I haven't changed a diaper since I was a teenager babysitting. Will we lose our zany lifestyle completely?
WOW I can't believe how soon you are going to be a mom. I feel kind of bummed that I missed your pregnancy, but am grateful that I got to see you not once, but TWICE! So is everything cool? Baby Harry "locked and loaded"? No breach-i-ness?
ReplyDeleteYou know what? It works really awesome with two people together - especially two people as wonderful and caring as you and Steve. And yes, your life will change, but only for the better I SWEAR (even if it doesn't seem that way for the first few weeks) and NO you two could not lose your zany lifestyle even if you tried. And trust me - your kid will be adorable and a HALF!!!!!
SOOOOOO excited for you!!!!!
Yes, other than the occasional loss of sleep, I truly believe you two will LOVE being 'Mom and Dad' and so...what a lucky baby!!! Hope your trip to Ontario is a lot of fun!!...I took Kieran to a wedding on the BC coast when he was about 6 weeks old, and it's was great!!
ReplyDelete