Felix and I were out and about from 10am until 4pm today. A meeting with my replacement in the morning, a good-bye lunch for one of my staffers, and coffee with a friend in the afternoon.
In my morning meeting I found out that a grant that I had worked so hard on came back with very successful (unofficial) results...and I'm so damn proud! Lunch with all my staff at the Diplomat was so fun and it was nice to catch up with everyone, I hadn't realized how much I missed them.
It was pretty exhausting and the little gaffer didn't do much sleeping because he was just too excited to be drinking it all in. By the time I got home, Steve was already home from work so he grabbed the car seat from my hand and opened up the cover to look at Felix. Felix gave him the HUGEST grin...absolutely heart-melting.
No comments:
Post a Comment