Felix started to crawl on July 3 during wedding intermission. Marija and I took Felix back to the hotel room for a rest between the ceremony and reception. He was sitting on the bed and playing when he started shimming himself from one side of the bed to the other. It's not exactly pretty, but he can get himself from point a to point b.
There was no time to really encourage this until we got home. I put him down on the floor and off he went. He particularly likes to crawl towards my laptop and then bang on it.
Today this newfound mobility has led to the following exciting moments:
1) Bonking his head on the coffee table (he has a huge goose egg).
2) Getting a scratch on the cheek from Keith Richards who didn't like Felix's "petting".
3) Crawling towards the stairs.
4) Putting a tiny piece of cat food found on the floor into his mouth.
This parenting thing has just become exponentially more challenging.
Seriously. Cam just started too and I had forgotten what trouble they can get into in 2 seconds flat. I am so sad I missed Felix. I can't wait for him and Cam to meet and become bestest buds.
ReplyDelete