
I enjoyed a fabulous night out with my WS, Lisa, last Saturday night. We attended Scotiabanks' Nuit Blanche - an all night outdoor contemporary art thing that occurs annually in Toronto. Streets are shut down, art installations are created all over the city and a million people go out to enjoy the night.
I'm proud to say that Lisa & I lasted until 5am. Yeah, we're still hardcore. Even though it seemed like there was less going on than in previous years, there was still some cool stuff. My favourite was Daniel Lanois' all night concert in Nathan Phillips Square with huge screens surrounding the stage featuring trippy movie clips flashing away. The photo above seemed to be someone's personal piece of art...looks familiar, to anyone familiar with the Boodlini school of robot building.

This was some crazy DJ dude we saw playing on the steps of old city hall. There were about 600 people gathered around rocking out.

I'm going to do this to Stephen's van. This piece was rotating on the middle of Yonge street which was shut down entirely.

SEXY.

Another cool feature of the event is that all of the museums and galleries stay open all night. We stopped into the Gardner Museum of Ceramic art and got to play in the clay studios in the basement. This is a little orb that I created.

As you can see, Lisa really knows what she's doing compared to my orbiness.
We ended the evening with some drinks at Yara & Lyle's & Bean's house after running into them on Ossington. It was a fantastic and weird night.
No comments:
Post a Comment