We have been having some challenges lately with Felix staying in his toddler bed and sleeping late. It was the first time we have had to use some (in my mind) fairly hardline parenting methods and let him cry in order to finally keep him in his room. This was done only after trying EVERY other method I could find online and the end result is a happier and less sleep-deprived boy (and parents).
Wilbert has been a very laid back infant. He's had a couple major crying streaks lately (both in public) and after long over-stimulating afternoons. He falls asleep in his basinette on his own easily (no rocking or feeding to sleep necessary) and sleeps from about 6:30pm until 7:30am with only 2 feeds (the first stretch is often 7 hours...at 2:30am...we are lucky). I hope I don't jinx this by blogging it.
I feel very fortunate that we've been able to afford to keep Felix in daycare. Not that I wouldn't love to be spending every minute with that amazing little boy. He is thriving there and learning so much. It has been awesome to be able to spend as much time getting to know Wilbert as I had with Felix. We are able to do a mom/baby yoga class and go to a mom/baby movie every once in awhile.
I remember feeling like I was emerging from a bubble around the 12 week mark with Felix and we are just hitting that with Wilbert now. I'm really looking forward to this next stage of an even more alert and active baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment