Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lazy Day

After an epic Fall of new job, concerts, galas, and other life altering events I've been so happy to have 4 days off in a row. After spending most of those days down in Carlyle, it was nice to have one here at home just to relax.

I slept in, played with the cats, did some grocery shopping, went for a latte with an old music buddy, and made a delicious spinach salad for supper.

Tomorrow it's back to work for a couple of days of quiet work while the rest of my staff is on holiday...and THEN Stephen and I head to the Dominican for a week of all-inclusive gluttony, sun, snorkelling, trashy novel reading good times! Best Christmas present ever.

I decided that after such a lazy day it would be nice to get out to see a band play at a pub tonight so I started looking online to find some live music listings. I could only find a couple of out-of-date sites and managed to get pretty nostalgic for the live music options in Toronto. I shouldn't compare because there are so many great things about Saskatchewan and I'm trying to not get bogged down by how much I loved living in Toronto. And honestly I'm usually too busy with my job to even have to think of something to do in my spare time so I really shouldn't complain...but alas...here I sit complaining!

2 comments:

  1. The Prairie Dog has the best live event directory; you need to pick up a copy. I'm lucky because they deliver the new ones right to my building. They have a blog up at http://prairiedogmag.blogspot.com/ but the magazine content is not online for some reason, unlike their sister publication in Saskatoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...interesting...I think there is an opportunity in here somewhere. I'm going to start a website. Do you want to buy advertising? I can't believe the Prairie Dog isn't online!

    ReplyDelete