Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Popcorn Emergency

My eyes are watering as I write this entry from my smokey smokey rental suite.

It all started about two months ago when the motor burned out of my beloved hot air popcorn maker. Many of my faithful readers know that I love popcorn more than any other food and eat it at least seven times a week. Not microwave, not stove top, not jiffy pop - hot air popcorn is my lifeblood.

When my hot air popcorn maker died, I started putting kernels into a paper bag and putting it into the microwave. It usually worked until recently when it started burning every time. No biggy, just a few burned kernels...I was getting fed up so tonight i decided to make it on the stovetop with oil. Old fashioned styles.

I put the oil in a pot on the stove to heat up and checked my facebook for a minute. Needless to say I got distracted and started to smell burning. Then the cats started meowing. Then i realized that the oil had turned black and was burning on the top of the stove.

My place is filled with smoke, my eyes are burning, all the windows are open, and I'm still in need of my popcorn fix.

1 comment: