One of the first things I noticed when moving back here is that whenever I went to visit someone's house I would notice that they had a huge flat screen tv. Very few of my Toronto aquaintances had bothered to get one, I'm guessing because most of my friends were more interested in spending money on going out to live events than watching movies indoors.
I suddenly learned why this winter. We were stuck inside almost every night because it was so cold and the idea of warming up the car again to go out became overwhelming. This same reasoning led Stephen to buy an xbox after getting his first paycheque.
The problem with having a lovely new xbox and a tiny 24 inch tv is that you can't even read the subtitles or instructions on the games. So, as an early birthday present for Steve, we went out and bought a massive 40 inch tv...just in time for summer.
Oh - now we're definitely coming to visit! ;)
ReplyDelete