Saturday, August 29, 2009

AC/DC

So...AC/DC played Regina last Monday night and of course the entire province almost lost their mind with excitement. I was listening to a local talk radio station the next morning and they were discussing who the next big name band to play Regina might be. My favourite caller said:

"If the Riders were a band, I'd vote for the Riders"

And yes, one of the many beautiful things about this province is that people come together to support the CFL team unlike any other place in the country. It's nice, but living amongst the Rider pride becomes aggravating when every local newscast leads with a Rider story from May until November, and the Riders are on the cover of the local paper 2/6 times a week.

God I love the Riders...and AC/DC...uh, Toronto I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. You know, this really got me thinking... we have an election coming soon, eh? If the Riders were a politician, I'd totally vote for them, too. Preferably for Prime Minister.

    ReplyDelete