Felix and I went on an outting to the Golden Mile this morning to visit the RSO Book and Music Sale. This fundraiser is huge and so so cool. Two days a week, from September to April, volunteers sort and price books that are donated at various donation points around the city. For 10 days in April, our "book store" is set up at the mall with various "specials" to entice customers each day. It is a well oiled machine and I was so extremely impressed with it when I started this job.
Felix and I had fun chatting with all of the volunteers (who are so extremely dedicated to this event). We ran into Monica and Mac at the sale as well which was cool.
I bought 4 books:
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (hardcover $4)...the next book in our book club
In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje ($2.50)...one of Ondaatje's books I haven't read and have been meaning to especially because of the Toronto setting
Beloved by Toni Morrison ($3)...have always meant to read this one as well
Adultery by Richard B. Right ($3)...random purchase, but I loved one of his other books, Clara Callan.
I might go back for more. Most of the books are in such great shape you could pick them up as gifts. The sale is on until next Saturday, and if you're in Regina you should definitely check it out and pick up your stock of summer reading...while supporting a great cause!
No comments:
Post a Comment