With baby number 2 on its way in six or so weeks, we thought it was time to start getting Felix ready for his new toddler bed.
We set it up on Friday and positioned it where his crib used to be, but kept the crib in the room just in case. We let him pretend to sleep/play in the toddler bed a few times over the weekend, but didn't want to push the issue too much.
Last night Felix was very overtired (Mondays are tough at daycare especially after weekends when we have mixed up his schedule). Stephen was off to work on the other house and I didn't really have the energy to even attempt the toddler bed. However, when I put Felix down for the night in his crib he started yelling "LIE DOWN LIE DOWN LIE DOWN LIE DOWN". He wanted to lie down in the other bed.
So, I put him down in the bed and told him to keep his head on the pillow and kissed him goodnight. As I shut the door I heard his little footsteps and the door open with "Mommy?"...we repeated this step a few times. Finally, I sat down in the chair beside his bed trying to stay as still as possible (not an easy job when you are uncomfortably pregnant!) and every time he lifted his head (mainly to giggle or do something cute for me) I told him to lie down and go to sleep. Eventually, he did just that!
He woke up once asking for water, but other than that he stayed in the bed all night and didn't wake up until 7:30 - a very successful sleep-in by Felix standards! Much much easier than I expected, but we'll see how night #2 goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment