We are getting revv'd up to head south for a warm holiday with our boys in tow. Scuba Steve is going to come and even though I might not be able to drink to my absolute finest ability due to nursing, I'm hoping to read a few books on the balcony of our room while the babies sleep.
The other evening we decided to tell Felix about our plans. Stephen explained, "First we'll drive to the airport, then we'll get on an airplane, then we'll go somewhere warm with a beach and sand and go swimming."
Felix immediately doubled back towards our front doors saying "OK, hat on, coat on, AIRPORT go airplane. Go airplane, OK! OK!!"
I know it may not exactly seem like a big vacation to be bringing your 2 year old and 0 year old, but for so many reasons I'm excited to be doing this. I have so many great memories of vacations with my mom (who took me and my bro on a few airplane trips on her own) and some cross-country driving to BC memories with my Dad & step-mom & family. Some of my strongest childhood memories are of these trips and they were times when you really got to hang out with your family and do things together. My love of traveling grew until my solo back packing European adventure which I still say taught me more than University. I want to instill an appreciation for other cultures in our little guys young, and I want Stephen to still get to do some scuba diving even though we have little babies.
Can I smuggle along in your luggage? Even with kids in tow a visit to the beach sounds like a vacation to me! :) And somewhat related... do your kids have their own passports? I have heard that you can put them on your own, but the passpost website tells me otherwise...
ReplyDeleteTotally agree that you're never too young to travel!! Enjoy your vaca with the boys!!
ReplyDelete