His daycare started working on it in detail after Christmas break and Felix has used the potty 3 times already! I just have no idea what they are doing and how they are encouraging it.
It's time to do some online research, but I'd love to hear what worked for my friends...please comment below with your toilet training wisdom.
Jellybeans. 3 for #1 and 5 for #2. I swear they work wonders. We started two weeks ago on Thursday, and Kallie is fully day time potty trained now. Hallelujah.
ReplyDeleteKeep a training potty in whatever room(s) he spends his most time. Then play doesn't have to stop entirely when it is time to go. Also, the television can do wonders for relaxing them if they have anxiety about pooping. We eventually transitioned Norah to the big potty using shows on my iPod, and then we changed to story books. Just since she turned 3 have we asked her to poop by herself, and she can, but she still prefers the distraction.
ReplyDelete