Saturday, February 28, 2009

Car

Another readjustment to living in Saskatchewan has been driving. I have been more-or-less without a car from September 2001 until June 2008. I was lucky enough, at age 17 to have been gifted an old car named Phyllis. Phyllis and I went on trips around Saskatchewan through my high school and University years, and even a couple of trips to the Rockies.

When I lived in Toronto, there was no need. I could take the TTC, greyhound, via rail, or cabs anywhere I wanted to go...or just mooch off of friends. When I met Stephen, he had a car and I could continue the mooching.

I knew that living in Regina without a car would be a challenge and Stephen was kind enough to find me a cute, red, reliable, Honda Civic that I haven't named. The other morning I slid my darling Civic into a hard icy snowbank and smashed the grill. I miss not having a car to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment