Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reno-stalgia

This weekend presented the rare opportunity to enjoy two days off in a row with not a single meeting, concert, or stop-in at the office. In Toronto, there would often be weekends like this, but they were left unnoticed because of waking up early, numerous trips to Home Depot, multi-tasking normal household chores with tearing down/building walls, and attempting to fit in a bit of fun.

Because the renovations were our shared second full-time job, we are left without a hobby. It's really unfortunate because there were so many things that I always wanted to go out to do in Toronto, but in Regina I'm finding myself at a loss. A weekend trip to Saskatoon? Somehow not as enticing as Montreal or Ottawa or NYC.

So - do we buy another house, adopt a standard poodle, or maybe I need to get a second job?

No comments:

Post a Comment