Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fever Times

I know that I have nothing to complain about with Felix health-wise compared to what some of my friends have gone/are going through. I've never had to take him to a Dr other than for his regularly scheduled check-ups. I guess that's why I get a little freaked out when he does get sick.

Last night Felix had a rare night-waking. Stephen went in to deal with it around 1am and Felix was pointing at his stuffed animals so Stephen thought he might have gotten scared. He calmed him down and as soon as he left the room Felix started crying away (this hardly ever happens). Stephen told me he might need to just cry to sleep so I sat awake listening to it for about fifteen minutes or so but I knew I had to go in there and comfort the little fellow, this was weird and something was wrong.

As soon as I touched him to pick him up, he was HOT. He was simultaneously so sleepy, but he needed me to be there and refused to let me leave the room so I slept with him in the guest bed. At numerous times he woke up because he was uncomfortable and sat straight up and then slowly fell asleep while sitting up and plopped back down onto the bed.

I stayed home with him today as he definitely couldn't go to daycare in this condition. The weirdest part is how super cuddly and calm and quiet he gets. It's nice to get the cuddles and yet eerie because it's like some strangely quiet kid who isn't extremely curious or interested in getting into everything around him has overtaken his body. At one point, he grabbed a pillow and threw it on the floor and then just curled up and fell asleep on it.

He was in bed by 6:15pm. Hopefully he'll get a good rest and start feeling better tomorrow.

1 comment: