Monday, April 18, 2011

Uncle, Daddy, Bob

Stephen was working on Saturday so Felix and I ventured out to do a few errands. Part one was hitting the grocery store which led to a few interesting moments. While I was filling a bag with almonds from a bulk bin, I turned to look at Felix who had managed to reach from the cart to help himself to a huge handful of almonds. I can happily report, he is not allergic to nuts. He then excitedly started pointing to a man walking behind us and yelling "UNCLE UNCLE"...it wasn't Uncle Michael at all, but a pretty good look-alike. At the check-out line he said "HELLO" about thirty times to our cashier who happily indulged him by responding with a similarly cheerful hello. We then headed over to Ikea to pick up a new cooler duvet and no stop to Ikea is complete without letting Felix play in the children's area (a great rainy-day playground). He did run up to one man yelling "DADDY DADDY" (I guess he was a man in his 30's) and another man yelling "BOB" (he somewhat looked like our neighbour) and happily turned around and pointed to me, introducing me as "MOMMY".

No comments:

Post a Comment