An older one from mid-April I forgot to publish!
It feels as though I haven't posted forever, but we've been busy! Stephen has been working like mad to get the basement suite of our rental house finished for a May 15 move-in date...yes, we have it rented which makes things even easier this go-round. By working like mad, I mean he's been volunteering to do the night shift (leave our house at 6pm mid-supper and get home around 3am) so that he can get a few hours of sleep and then be able to work on the house during the day (so he can meet with a few contractors we've hired this time).
Despite everyone being tired from the extra workload (yeah, it leads to an extra parenting/housekeeping/everything else load on my end) we are doing ok. Well, until this weekend. I was really looking forward to Friday night because it was the first date night Stephen and I had carved out for ourselves in ages. We were going to have Wilbert with us, but Felix was taken care of and we were just going to go for dinner. I was especially looking forward to this, because of the night shifts and being essentially unable to have a conversation with Stephen when he hasn't had to run-off to work or has been in a half zombie-like state.
But alas, that morning, I got a phone call from Felix's daycare that he was running a really high fever and that a viral flu was making its way through all the kids. The poor guy was just beside himself, refusing to take tylenol, throwing up on everyone. So, that's how we spent date night...residual effects on Wilbert lead to a sleepless night as we moved him out of his crib and back into our bed in the hopes that he won't get sick too (thank goodness for BF-ing, he hasn't...knock on wood!) He's also teething. Stephen came down with a cold in the middle of this.
On Saturday Stephen had a number of things that he had to do at the other house so I took the boys to see the cherry blossoms at High Park and to see the new baby bison and llamas. The miracle of Felix being sick was that he stayed in the stroller the entire time quietly looking at things. Saturday night, Stephen had to work from 9:30pm until 5am. I basically spent my night between the two beds helping a hallucinating two year old, and feeding Wilbert.
Thankfully, Felix started to show signs of improvement today: lower fever, eating, playing, joking around; although not yet his old self again. No one napped. Stephen worked on the house some more. I made a bag of noodles for supper and now everyone except for me is upstairs sleeping at 7pm. The house is a disaster zone. I just need a beer and some reality tv.
No comments:
Post a Comment