Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hawaii Pics and the Return to Regina












Hawaii is a gorgeous place - i guess that's why everyone and their dog goes there. It was an expensive little vacation, but it was so great to see Steve after a month that it didn't matter. We have a tradition of traveling to places in the off-season and this was no exception...we went to see our former TO neighbours get married. The bride is from Australia and the groom from Canada and so they chose Hawaii because it was in the middle. A good idea, but I'm not sure why they chose July. :) It didn't matter though, because the weather was great, the ocean was calm and Steve and I did lots of driving around in our rented convertable, snorkeling, exploring and had a great time.




...and then it was back to reality...lots of work! It was hard to arrive home without Steve, but Tesla gave me a nice welcome. I went to get my lovely car some Sask plates and unfortunately since the Saskies don't trust Onterrible, I had to get a brand new safety done on my car. Turned out I needed to fix the power window that broke during the drive to Sask and add daytime running lights. I got a nice little invoice from that adventure, but my car finally has nice "Land of Living Skies" plates. People will stop giving me funny looks on the streets soon I hope.


My first week back after the grand vacation has been filled with meetings, one after another. I've never been so popular. It's impossible to get any paper off of my desk and I need to figure out some sort of system. I have a massive quantity of work to do before the season starts on Aug 24, so I think I'm going to spend my weekend reclusing in the basement office.






2 comments:

  1. amazing. hawaii looks gorgeous - delicious calamari, super fresh. Glad you and your hubby could have an amazing honeymoon in the midst of your long distance hell. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I love the drinking nuts! Were you actually drinking coconut milk, or are those just fancy barware for the toursits?

    ReplyDelete