Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Most Asked Question of the Summer

"When is Stephen moving to Saskatchewan?"

The answer: "TBD"

Or maybe I should make up an answer. It could be an attainable deadline that might be used to pressure him to work faster, but I'm not sure that the poor guy needs more pressure when he has such a massive to do list.

I could change the answer every time for my own entertainment and to confuse people.

The real answer: Stephen initially estimated late August/early September. He's now saying September. I think that if he is here before Thanksgiving I'll be ecstatic. If he's here by our wedding part 2 anniversary (October 28) I'll be pleased. If he's here by Remembrance Day I'll be satisfied. If he's not here by Christmas I'll be disappointed.

As much as I would like for him to be here, settling into our new life together, I want him to be happy that our project is completed to a degree that he (actually we, because it's not just the guy with the reno knowledge who has been doing all of the work and who has given up months of his life to accomplish this) can truly feel it is finished. Deadlines can force you to rush and not finish properly. We've already invested so much time & money into our beloved house it would be a shame not to be pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment