Kiran was in Regina over the last few days and last night we were able to get together. I took her to the Cathedral Village Freehouse for some drinks because she's 19 now.
It was a special night because it was the first time that we had hung out together alone since I babysat her when she was a kid. I'm so happy about the person that she's become - just finished her first year in university, studying things that she loves, independent, a connoisseur of great music, and she's really funny. She may not be a blood relative, but she definitely inherited my Dad's sense of humour and love of learning.
We shared some funny stories about my Dad/her Papa which I thought was neat, because we didn't grow up together or even in the same province, but we have such a unique shared experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment