I started my new job here on June 2, it's now November 3. It's been five months that have gone really fast and yet painfully slow. I feel really unsettled without Steve & Keither here. It's sometimes hard to make myself get out of bed and I'm suffering from insomnia. I'm just really unhappy.
Work is fun and entertaining and useful for making money and all of that...but it's definitely not what I live for. I know that some people strive to get ahead in their careers and to make money, but it's just not what I care about. Obviously...I work in arts admin!
At the same time, things have been getting better here. I've been getting to know people at work better and the concerts have been fun. It's just that I think I've reached the point of utter frustration. The worst part is that I don't know when Steve will get here so I don't have a date to look forward to...and I constantly get asked about when he will get here. We knew what we were getting into when we made this decision so I shouldn't complain, but it really really sucks to be apart.
On the bright side, if they're busy asking when he's going to arrive they aren't asking when you're going to start popping out little Boodlinis!
ReplyDelete