Tonight was my first obligatory holiday party of the season. I was ambitious when I got the invitation about three weeks ago and RSVP'd for 2 assuming that I'd have a husband by now. Alas, I was flying solo tonight.
The Chamber Players played at the entrance, the spread of food was incredible, the "Rider Pride" martinis were to die for.
The party was weird because a lot of people knew who I was even if I didn't know them, and I met a few new Regina folks here and there. A lady befriended me and took me to the martini bar and told me about her love of the autoharp. I managed to escape and chat with some of the musicians by the chocolate fountain for awhile.
I was definitely the youngest person at the party. I miss those Toronto mixers where you might know a few people, but everyone is generally in the same boat and has to meet new people and chat awkwardly...on the good side it only took me about five minutes to drive home and I still have an entire evening ahead of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment