Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 11th

For my first Remembrance day spent in Ontario, I was absolutely shocked to have to go to classes. Yes, in Ontario people work on Remembrance Day unless you work in a bank or for the government.

Today was Stephen's first Remembrance day as a holiday. To be honest, we didn't spend a lot of time remembering, but I think of today much like Valentine's day...something you should think about for more than one day a year.

Stephen spent his day helping a friend drywall a basement (it's so nice that he has found buddies here with such similar interests). He then finished installing his automatic car starter in his van (a Saskatchewan necessity), put a timer on our outside light, put dimmer switches in our bedroom and Hairy's bedroom, did some final preparations for the electrical inspector coming tomorrow, and started putting up Christmas lights.

I spent my day preparing food, lazing around online, returning a movie to Blockbuster, grocery shopping, and finishing the grant I've been writing for months.

Yes, it was productive indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment