Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby baby babies!

It's the time of life for babies. My friends are having them every few months, many of them already on their #2! One of them having two at once! Another just finding out she's having a boy! Oh I love babies.

I love the anticipation, the big bellies & glow, the mysterious little crying/sleeping/eating creatures that gradually show you their personalities. I love seeing my friends become moms and dads and finding out if they are the type of parent who washes the pacifier every time it falls out of the mouth or if they just stick it back in.

We had some dear friends over on Sunday afternoon with their 2 year old. He and Felix had fun pulling everything out of my kitchen cupboards. At one point I just looked at our two little men crawling around as we enjoyed beer (those of us who aren't preggers) and carbs and said out loud "where did you guys even come from" to the little boys.

Yes, life changes fast and a year ago as I was approaching my due date I was so worried about losing myself that I didn't even think about the part of myself I was about to gain. This morning as Felix practiced his walking and waved to his Dad (for the first time without us egging him on to do it) and said "bye bye" I was just struck by all of these little milestones that he hits every day. ...or when he randomly pointed to a sheep in his book and said "baaaa". These moments are so small and inconsequential and yet blow my mind nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment