I have to thank my amazing friends and my grandma for their "everything is going to turn around" and "even if it doesn't, it's not the worst thing that could be happening" conversations, emails, and phone calls over the past few days.
I got called in to have an ultrasound yesterday afternoon to check the baby's position (despite being told this wouldn't happen until after my next check-up and only if the baby was still breech...so it gave me a bit of a scare to be called in on a day's notice and earlier, but I guess my midwives were just trying to be proactive.)
Stephen met me at the hospital (good thing or I don't think I would have been able to resist finding out the baby's gender!) and in two seconds the ultrasound technician had confirmed that the baby was head down again. SWEET! However, I am almost certain that Baldy has flipped back and forth about 3-4 times in the past week just from where I am feeling kicks vs. hiccups so I'm not confident this is the end of this.
The highlight of the ultrasound, though, was getting to see the little critter again! When it scrolled by the face we saw the baby with both hands near its mouth sucking one thumb and then the other. It was SO CUTE and amazing to me that there is really a baby in my big belly doing cute real baby things...it made my heart absolutely melt.
Amazing! That part always gets me - that somehow, somewhere, they turn from alien-looking blobs into, well, BABIES! Craziness.
ReplyDelete