Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Public Urination Patrol

Yeah, I know we chose to make our home close to a major intersection in Toronto and that our garage backs onto an alley shared by Queen Street businesses, and perhaps I should just take this issue as a fact of life in the big city, but it's gross.

With no exaggeration, I probably see a guy relieving himself in the alley (often on our neighbour's garage - thankfully we are the second house in) three times a week. Felix can even point from our car (or his bedroom window) and say "man peeing!"

I recently read something in NOW about some businesses who started to take photos of people peeing in their alley and posting photos of them with "SMALL PENIS" boldly marked above their headshot. I must say, it inspired me.

Last night as I was about to park the car in the garage I saw a man with a super large can of Arizona iced tea unzip himself in front of our neighbour's garage. Instead of driving past and trying to ignore it, I stopped my car in front of him and pretended I couldn't get by. I stopped and stared for a slightly more than uncomfortable period of time. The guy frowned and quickly re-zipped before he could relieve himself and walked quickly back to the street.

I feel like I won some sort of victory yesterday and this may become the SARSCAM 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment