I just got back from my mini-trip to Banff. I went for the Orchestra's Canada Manager's conference.
My predecessor and I travelled to Calgary from Regina by Westjet and then picked up our rental car. We asked if there were any good deals on upgrades and they said that we could have a red convertable mustang for only $20 more. We obviously took them up on that sweet deal. We had a lovely drive into Banff in our fancy car, checked in, got our photo ID and then stopped at the Wine Bar. Who did we see, but some TSO people! Loie & Cathryn were there and it was so great to see some Toronto faces. We then all headed over to the pub and I learned a few things about Orchestra Managers that I'd assumed, but hadn't had proven to me. They like to drink, and they especially like to feed drinks to the newbies. At one point someone said to me "you aren't go to walk out of here standing up tonight." I wasn't sure if this was a threat or a welcome to the club. :)
Lisa & Chris were at a film screening at the centre that night so they stopped by the pub too. It was a full-on reunion when Leanne showed up. Good times.
The conference was quite good with lots of cool ideas that I know I could use. My brain was still thinking in TSO schemes rather than RSO, but it was good. On Friday night, I drove the 'Stang down into Banff and went out for dinner & drinks with Lisa & Chris. We had a damn good time and Lisa & I liked our waiter named Neil. Chris liked the girls he saw making out in the alley. I had to leave the Mustang downtown that night which led to a nice hike for me early yesterday morning.
I had a bit of time to kill yesterday afternoon after the conference so I drove up to Lake Louise with the top down on the car. It was one of the best drives ever due to the sweet car and the beautiful scenery. I headed back into Calgary, caught my flight, and got home just in time to see the Riders win on TV.
I wish i'd been in that car with you.
ReplyDeleteHappy reunion day I hope you like the new gear Stephen gets to wear.
Kate
wow that was the best. Can we have reunions in Banff every few days???
ReplyDelete