On Sunday night we went to Czehoski to see Jen's band, The Roaring Girl Cabaret play. I hadn't seen them before and all of the reviews I had heard from former colleagues were completely accurate. They are fantastic!
Anyway, we sat down with some of Jen's friends that we knew, some that we didn't. Steve introduced himself to the guy sitting next to him and the conversation was a little slow getting started. I noticed that as soon as Steve asked "What neighbourhood do you live in" the guy became completely animated and enthused about describing his 'hood. In Toronto you can start any conversation about neighbourhoods and you know you will have lots to discuss.
I realized when overhearing this that it's sort of like how people from Saskatchewan get excited when talking about the weather. I remember the time that I brought Steve over to my grandparents' place and he couldn't get over the fact that everyone just sat around with the weather channel in the background.
a couple photos after our night at Czehoski
No comments:
Post a Comment