I ran around yesterday morning doing a few errands before I had to head into work to do some budgeting...if you know what I mean...no, unfortunately I mean actually budgeting.
I started out by hitting the bank. 10 minute drive to the south end, in and out of the mall. It seems rather archaic, but I physically have to go and deposit my cheque. My second errand was to stop at Starbucks which is a three minute drive to the big Chapters behind the mall. Wait in line, in and out of the car again. Off to Shoppers (5 minute drive) to buy some dental floss and to mail something to Stephen (what I mailed him is pretty funny and another blog post entirely). Back in the car. By that time, it was about 11:30 and I realized I would need some lunch before heading over to the office (which is at the far end of Wascana park with no quick pick-up food nearby) so I headed over to Mr. Sub...in and out of the car again.
It got me thinking. In Toronto, I would usually do my errands on lunch break or before or after work downtown. My pharmacy, post office, food, Starbucks, bank were all about a block away from each other and I could walk around and hit everything in one fell swoop. Despite the 20 minute streetcar ride downtown, it would take about the same amount of time.
At least I didn't hit any traffic yesterday morning......
sorry to hear you had to do actual budgeting.
ReplyDelete