Yesterday morning, Stephen left me a skype message asking me to mail him a paper that he needed to license his new vehicle. I realized that Keith had left her precious bear in my suitcase a couple of weekends ago and that I could send them both at once.
Keith's bear is her little toy (an avon cancer fundraiser) that we gave her when she was a kitten whenever her play would get too aggressive. She eventually started to care for her bear like a kitten. At night she would carry it around making a really strange sound moving it from room to room. She would sit beside it and groom it. The bear looks well loved. It used to be fluffy and cute. Now it is dirty and crusty and chewed, but precious none-the-less. They are the best of friends. So when I was unpacking my suitcase and realized that it was in SK, I knew that both she and Stephen would be quite upset.
I got to the post office and told the post lady that I needed to send a package to Ontario in 2 days. She got me the correct envelope and I pulled the papers out of the purse that Steve needed and then pulled out the crusty bear. The lady gave me a strange look. Then I had to explain that my husband and cat were in Ontario and I acccidentally brought it back to Sask and they really needed the bear. She gave me a strange look again and laughed. She said, "it must be hard to be separated from you cat...you should have brought it to SK with you." I thought this was really funny because there was no mention about being separated from the husband and then I told her that it was ok because we each have a cat to keep us company. I could tell at that point that she thought we were really crazy cat people so I just wished her a pleasant day and went off about my other errands.
No comments:
Post a Comment