Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Amazing Minds of Toddlers





Tonight Felix begged for a book from his very top shelf before bed. Yes, the top shelf is where I keep the older books (ie. the non board books that will rip or have longer more involved story lines).


He chose A Prairie Alphabet, a book that was actually commissioned in part by the Regina Symphony Orchestra (and eventually set to music at Agribition no less), and contains beautiful prairie scenes for each letter of the alphabet. There are awesome little touches like a farmer carrying his co-op grocery bag in the field.


I was feeling rather nostalgic for home while reading it to Felix, sad that I explained what a grain elevator was, but he was really enjoying all of the various farm animals.


We finally got to "W" a page in which the wind winds through the wheatfield. There are a couple of boys in the field and he pointed to one and said "DADDY" and another and said "UNCLE". I realized he was comparing the picture to our wedding photo that he always looks at on the wall, yes the typical prairie wedding shot of our party in the field. It didn't even occur to me that they were similar images. His straight-forward toddler brain that takes note of everything continues to amaze me!










No comments:

Post a Comment