Sunday, October 30, 2011

(E)Dday +1

We had a lovely Dday party for Baldy yesterday. My MIL, BIL, SIL and adorable nephew came over and we ate a big bowl of chili. Stephen had to miss the party due to being called out to work, but he's so so close to being done. I really loved having the visitors yesterday though because it has been a lot of weekends of Stephen working on the house and the huge project he has going on at work right now (so much work/stress for him and a lot of parenting left on my plate).

This morning I took Felix to his swimming lesson. I was bursting out of my maternity bathing suit and I'm a bit slow, but it was nice to get out and into the water with my little guy. The walk home, however, was a nightmare as I was trying out the double stroller and Felix refused to sit in either section, spilled his snack everywhere, and was screaming SNACK SNACK SNACK all the way down Queen West West. I had to call Stephen to run down and help me as I just couldn't carry him and push the stroller in my current state...I felt like a total wimp having to call in for back-up. Felix and I really fit into the Parkdale milieu this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Last night JM was working and I was trying to get G wrangled into PJs for bedtime. She kept running away with me waddling after her until I finally broke down and told her "Gaia, Mommy can't run after you tonight. I am too tired and baby sister is very heavy in my belly. You need to help me out okay?" Her response? "Haha. Mommy can't catch me. I run too fast for Mommy. No PJs for Gaia." Then she hid in the tent we have in the living room... and that's where she stayed until JM got home... while I napped on the couch. Seriously, how do women have baby after baby?!? I'm exhausted and I still have a month to go!! I'm impressed you even made it to swimming lessons!!

    ReplyDelete