Thursday, December 22, 2011

Love You Forever

The other night Felix asked me to read him "Love You Forever". It is such a beautiful book, but I can hardly get through it without tears, especially in this particularly hormonal time! I'd already put on make-up as I was going out for a nice dinner after bedtime with my girls, but I thought I could get through it.

I was wrong. The first picture of the mom rocking the new baby...I used to think of that picture as Felix, but he has already moved on to the image of the 2 year old in the completely obliterated bathroom (our house looks like that every morning these days). When I get to the end and realize that one day these babies will be coming home to visit us from University or bringing home their first girlfriends (or boyfriends)...it blows my mind. Needless to say, I was trying to hide tears from Felix and shakily reading through to the end.

It's really better to stay away from that book and stick to Munsch's other works such as Mortimer and Pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment