On Tuesday night, Stephen had the opportunity to get a little overtime, so I was in charge of dinner and bedtime on my own. I've done it a few times now and have had different outcomes each night. This time, though, it was very cute. I had both boys on the bed for bedtime stories. Felix and I took extra time to point out the intricacies of our favourite books to Wilbert seeing as he was new. "Look Wilbert - Goldilocks is THERE!" "OOOH, look Wilbert, OWL on fence!" etc.
Wilbert lay on his back cooing and smiling. After one particularly cute coo, Felix emmulated the sound and said "What Wilbert doing mommy?"
By the end Felix was lying beside Wilbert and holding his hand. It was so ridiculously sweet I couldn't believe it. It can still be a bit daunting to have the 2 of them when I am on my own, but it is getting easier and as Wilbert becomes able to stretch out his feedings a little further apart and become more aware it will get even less daunting.
No comments:
Post a Comment