Hi Wilbert,
7 weeks ago exactly, I was waking up in our bed and I saw your fresh little 4 hour old self sleeping in between your Dad and I and I couldn't believe it. Only a few hours before you were in my belly!
You have been a delight. You are eating and sleeping well and only get really upset if I miss a sleep cue and let you get over stimulated. You have huge smiles and love it when I sing to you (thanks for making me feel like a rock star, despite being vocally challenged).
I have taken you to a few meetings for my work and out for dinner at a nice restaurant or two and you have behaved perfectly. We went to a movie - New Year's Eve...we both thought it was a little dull and slept through it. You've slept through all of your Lower Ronces playgroups, and a basset hound sat on you at one thinking you were a pillow...don't worry, I saved you. Your favourite place to sleep is in your wrap, snuggled up to me.
You know your Dad's voice and save your biggest grins for him (he made you smile first after all). You also find your brother particularly funny when he shakes his face and wiggles his tongue in front of you. Felix is very protective of you. When I bring you in to his daycare to drop him off he makes all of the other kids stand back and says "NO! Wilbert MY BROTHER!!" He's very proud of you!
Your newborn squishyness is almost gone and you are starting to look like a baby. I'm so curious to find out what your interests will be, your personality, but for now I'm enjoying every moment of your 7 week old self.
xo
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment