Sunday, October 19, 2008

An Actually Wild Saturday Night

This morning I dug the positivity baton out of the toilet and got myself back together. I cleaned my house from top to bottom, did all of my laundry, went to a meeting, and went out for supper with the Brent & Laureen's.

In response to my desperately self-pitying post from last night, Derek called me to yell at me for not calling them to hang out. He then invited me to tag along to a housewarming party for some friends of his and Sofi's. We chatted with a couple of people at the party and I told someone where I worked. This very inebriated dude stopped by to tell me about how much he loved Ehnes playing Bruch, Mozart's Requiem, and told me repeatedly why he absolutely despised Calgary (Regina, Montreal, and Vancouver are the best cities in Canada in that order). He also told me about the article that Reader's Digest wrote about his life.

Derek and Sofi had to save the day because he wouldn't let me get away and then an older gentleman stepped into the conversation and kept telling me how important the orchestra is to Regina and how much Saskatchewan needs an orchestra and that we shouldn't take it for granted. Derek had to put on his coat to leave and get the car before these people would stop talking to me.

So, thank you Sofi & Derek for getting me out and taking me to such an interesting party...it was weird...but that's how I like parties, so I'd say our triple date was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment