Friday, October 24, 2008

signs

Once upon a time, I was backpacking through Romania with my buddy Kristine. We were trying to get to Bucharest but missed three buses, and she forgot her passport between matresses at the last hostel, and we got dropped off at a bus station that we weren't expecting...everything went wrong. We figured that all of these signs were telling us not to go to Turkey...and it turned out to be close to the truth, but that is another story for another blog entry....

Tonight I worked until about 7:30 and then headed to The Crushed Grape for a work brainstorming type meeting. I proceeded to leave my phone at the restaurant and headed home. Yes, I lost my phone. At Winnipeg and Broad my car completely broke down. I was stopped at a light and it just died. Finally some cops came up behind me and asked me if I had anyone I could call. I didn't have my phone and the only numbers I have memorized are Steve's cell, Yara's cell, and the TSO office none of which would help me at this moment so I said no and realized how sad that sounded. If only I had memorized the numbers for Derek/Sofi or Ashley/Ryan or Alanna/Mike.... The cops pushed my car to the side of the road for me and let me walk the rest of my way home. Since I hadn't been home since work i had some heels on and it was a rather painful walk. I have to admit that there was some laugh/cry going on until I got home and realized that no one would be awake at home (yes Toronto = home) to tell my adventures to and to help me figure out what the hell to do tomorrow, that led to the hysterical laugh/cry because this is just so stupid.

All signs are telling me not to go to Turkey...or maybe not to stay in Saskatchewan...who knows, but something bad is going to happen I'm sure of it.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your distress!

    Sofi's phone number in particular has an interesting mnemonic related to the popular 1982 Disney film, Tron. Hers would probably be the easiest to memorize ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just occured to me that Winnipeg and Broad run parallel to each other - you must have been in a heap of trouble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Buddy. I am sending you the biggest blog hug ever. You will make it through this bad bit I PROMISE. Just hang in there and it will pass. If all else fails I will mail you William - he brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to end your week! Is there good news that everyone in Sask is so friendly your cell at least got turned in at the bar? *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Ending!

    I biked to work and my colleagues were like superheroes. One of them went to a lunch meeting for me, another drove me to get my phone, another one shut the door and let me cry, then another one leant me his son's car for the weekend. I have a tow truck booked for tomorrow morning and steve thinks it's just the battery that went.

    Thanks for the blog support!

    ReplyDelete