Sunday, October 26, 2008

Exhausting Weekend, but Fun!
















The weekend started off with a bit of house hunting. My favourite part was going to see one that was very well staged. The highlight of it was the champagne flutes, toblerone bar, and and non alcoholic champagne sitting on a tray in the master bedroom.

On Friday night I got invited out for a girls night at The Crushed Grape which involved some amazing wines and then a blackout (the power, not me). It was very good times, and I even got to speak to both Kate and Karen on the phone...Karen ordered some donuts.

Saturday morning came really early and I had to meet a tow truck at my car, arrange for a garage to look at it, and then head in to the rehearsal. This concert was a lot of fun and involved a power point of artwork on a screen behind the orchestra during Pictures at an Exhibition. The guest artist was Ian Parker who played Ravel piano concerto 2 ...too bad our piano needs some major work here. We did the artist lunch at the Creek Bistro on 13th.... Headed back to the Hall to do some work and then home to get ready for the concert. The show ran smoothly and quickly and then it was off to the after party pizza funtimes until about 3am at the maestros' place. Good times and a great show!

Sunday morning I woke up and realized that I had to be at a brunch fundraiser/fashion show for the orchestra hosted by the volunteer committee. By 2:30 in the afternoon I was home and ready to start the relaxing portion of the weekend. Other than getting groceries and tidying up a bit, the remainder of the day was a write-off.

And now time to prepare for another loooooooooooooooooong week.

No comments:

Post a Comment