Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Sudden Realization

This morning at work I had a second to catch my breath and it suddenly hit me that I am absolutely spent. I realized that since I went back to work in early October I've had 3 jobs all of them at their busiest times of the year. I've had one week off (not even Christmas other than the stat holidays) and during that one week off Felix got pneumonia.

Going back to work after a year of mat leave is a bit of a shock to the system and simultaneously going through one job that was fly-back and forth (with baby) and two jobs where I have had to learn the ropes really quickly and pick up slack where predecessors have been absent for months.

This going back to work thing happened after a couple of months of work preparing our house for private sale in Regina and then driving across the country with two cats and a nine month old baby in three days.

When I started back to work Felix was still waking up during the night regularly to feed (until about January) and I was still breastfeeding until about April.

Then I got pregnant and didn't have the most fun with morning sickness. Stephen leaves for work at 6:20 or so and I had the morning prep with Felix work all to myself and often getting sick along the trek to daycare. Then Stephen went on nightshift which makes him overtired and me lonely and housebound every night.

In the middle of all of that somehow we decided it would be a good idea to purchase a new rental property that needs a decent amount of reno work before we can rent it out.

My new job is for a festival which involves working all day and 5 nights a week over 4 weeks of the festival (probably more) when I'll be 6-7 months pregnant.


ARE WE EFFING NUTS?!?!?!?

Somehow through all of this, Stephen and I have been closer than ever and are holding it together really well. We still have a few months of sheer stupidity to go...but then in October we can have a breather...I'm sure it's relaxing with a newborn and a toddler two years apart, right?


SERIOUSLY, WE ARE COMPLETE LUNATICS!!!

I thought it was dumb when we decided to gut and renovate this house the year that we got married...but in retrospect, this 2010-11 may have been even more ridiculous.

So I apologize to our amazing friends who we haven't been able to see enough of (but whenever we do it is like no time has passed) and to our families who we haven't phoned or emailed or hung out with either. We love you all, but as you can see...and most likely are already fully aware:


THE BOODLINI'S ARE BONKERS.

1 comment:

  1. It's true and we love you for it! I live for random sightings of your husband and son walking across the street. Where were you? I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete