The weekend started out nicely. I was determined to get organized and unpack. On Friday night I was so exhausted because I hadn't yet had a chance to relax since the big move. I slept in on Saturday and went for a jog in the park in the rain. I liked how you aren't breathing in the Gardiner Expressway fumes while jogging near the lake here. I did some more unpacking and setting up until supper time. (Yes, supper, not dinner...I'm getting back into Sask lingo.)
Mom picked me up and then we picked up Marshall and we went out to India House for supper. I ordered my favourite Malai Kofta, but it wasn't nearly as delicious as the infamous Red Rose. Although, the samosa's beat out the Red Rose...Sask knows how to deep fry!
I got home and realized that I had set up everything I could set up before I had to go to buy some hanging devices to do the paintings & photos. I realized that it was Saturday night and I had no plans and couldn't do the usual back up of going to the Film Buff with Steve. So I called Steve and he had the coolest day with our neighbour hanging his Luminato art. I'm happy that Steve is making friends with the back alley neighbour...he's a really cool graffiti artist type. Steve might even get written up in Toronto Life!
Sunday I woke up early and went jogging again and saw baby Canada Geese in the park. So cute. I went to Canadian Tire and bought nails, and screws, and a hammer, and a level and then went home to hang everything up. After that was done I realized that the place is completely set up except for putting together the new bbq. I wasn't about to attempt that in the rain so I started to get bored. I tried texting and calling people to no response. Then I got lonely. So I made supper...that made me even more sad, because Steve & I always have great Sunday suppers. Eventually I gave in and called Steve and it turned out that he had another great day, visiting Sacha's family in Bolton and he was having beers at our house with Gratia when I called.
It feels so unfair that I have to be the one to go out and reconnect and make efforts to reunite with old friends while Steve gets to have fun with our Toronto/current group of friends that I miss so much. I'm happy for him, but it's harder than I thought to push back into people's lives. It's hard not to feel angry that he is out having fun while I'm sitting here waiting for him to finish our house. But really, I'm not angry...I know he will get it done quickly and I'm glad that he's taking some time with our friends and that he has support in Toronto.
So today I have dug into my work, trying to figure out budgets, going to meetings, making people give me reports, learning everything I can. Keeping busy so I don't get sad. I've emailed everyone I can think of in Regina to make a lunch date or a drinks date at some point this week. I'm throwing myself a welcome back to Regina party on Saturday and created the facebook invite...imagine if no one shows up, then I'll really feel like...anyway, I'm putting my best foot forward...it's better than renting a u-haul and moving back...right?
Isn't this your punishment for defecting to big bad Toronto? ;) Think positive, you *have* a fantastic job you love to keep you busy! And after hanging doors, and triming things and painting etc. etc. Steve will be out west in no time! {hugs}
ReplyDeleteP.S. 'dainties'? *roflmao* Love it!
Hey Lady - it won't last long, I promise! And we saw Steve-o on the weekend and he obviously missed you BIG TIME. "That which does not kill you outright makes you stronger" - mom quote (I can do that now!!!) I miss you muchly myself - so happy I get to see you in Banff soon!!! xoxox
ReplyDelete