The journey was extraordinary. Due to loading 3 motorcycles into the massive moving truck we didn't end up leaving Toronto until 11pm, got to the cottage around 3am, but luckily John (who I love) had opened up the cottage, turned on the heaters, and left us a delicious dinner in the fridge.
We got up the next morning and left around 10am. We drove and drove and drove, only able to go about 90km/hour in the big truck. We were stopped for about a 1/2 hour for a first nation's protest on the highway and then got lost in the Soo due to the fancy new GPS. We made it as far as White River that night, but I was in absolute awe of the scenery around Lake Superior and Wawa...one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
The next day we drove and drove and drove some more. Stephen let me drive the truck between Thunder Bay and Kenora for six hours. The cat behaved well - I'm so glad we had the natural cat drugs for him to keep him sleepy. We arrived in Brandon at about 1am.
On Saturday morning we arrived in Regina completely exhausted! Marshall, Derek & Sofi helped us unload the truck which was awesome. We later went out for some sketchy karaoke and I won a pitcher of beer for my rendition of Come Sail Away by Styx at the Hand & Crown in Regina.
We spent Sunday buying stuff for the new place and unpacking boxes and in the afternoon headed out to the farm to surprise the family with a visit. Steve & Nigel spent the night and I headed back to Regina because I had work the next morning.
It was an exhausting journey, but no major disasters, and thanks to Steve & Nigel for getting Tesla and I here safely and settled in!
Did you see the giant Canadian Goose in Wawa? So exotic! Glad to hear you made it safely - too bad you had to go to work right away! I hope it's going well! :)
ReplyDeleteKeith loves cars. What are natural cat drugs? Is that when Steve hugs her for hours on end to come her down?
ReplyDeletedude, I always get lost in the soo. the scenery around lake superior is my favourite on earth!!! anyhow, congratulations on the new amazing job. hope your move went well!
ReplyDelete