Thursday, June 5, 2008

Garage Door & Lunch Breaks

Last night I returned home from a lovely dinner with the maestro & his family and realized as I was shutting my garage door I didn't have to stand there and wait for it to close entirely. There were no sketchy people in the alley waiting to run in and smash/steal our stuff or to use our garage as a hotel. Not living in downtown Toronto has it's perks.

My new office has a one hour lunch rule of which I approve whole-heartedly. Everyone leaves at noon and comes back an hour later - even the phones are shut down. The amazing thing about this hour is that you can drive your car and go grocery shopping, put the groceries away, play with your cat, and still have time to eat lunch. I think the minutes might last longer in Saskatchewan than in Ontario. Yesterday I went home, made lunch, ate lunch, played with cat, went to the bank, filled up with gas...all in one hour. It's MAGICAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment