Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Number 2 (Not So Bad)

Weekend number 2 in Regina is complete. Only 2 more until Hawaii!

When work was over on Friday I headed home to meet up with Uncle Brent who stopped by to see the rental and to chat. After that I headed right down to the Copper Kettle to meet up with Lisa who was visiting from Edmonton for the weekend. It was great to visit with her and Angela and Connnie. We had a nice visit and then went to Crave for some delicious wine. Yes, Regina has a wine bar. It was pretty decent and as I was leaving a guy stopped me and asked, "what is this place?" I said "a wine bar, you should go and have a drink". He said, "I just moved here and I'm not sure if it's my thing, maybe I'll go to O'Hanlon's instead." When I asked him where he moved from he said "Ontario" under his breath. I asked him if he was from Toronto and he said yes, but that he didn't like to admit it. Pretty funny.

On Saturday, I met up with Ashley and her friend Brenda and we went to Bazaart - an outdoor craft/art show at the Mackenzie Gallery. It was great - I bought some earrings and it didn't rain at all. After that, Linda came over as she had driven in from Melita for the weekend to do some visiting. She is off to England in July so she wanted to see as many people as she could before she took off. We went to the Mongoli Grill for dinner and then went back to my place for the party. Ashley & Ryan, Joe, and Derek and Sofi all showed up so there were great world traveling conversations. To my embarrassment we had to sit and listen to my clock radio because my ipod had run out of batteries.

On Sunday I said see ya to Linda and then Mom & Marshall & Mortimer came over for dinner. I ordered a delicious pizza for us. Morty didn't get along with Tesla very well, but maybe someday.

Stephen got some nice work done on the window seat upstairs and went to see Indiana Jones with Nigel on the weekend. He also sent me this link on the art that he helped set up last weekend.

http://www.woostercollective.com/2008/06/dan_bergeron_documents_the_residents_reg.html

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing that art up around the City.

    I'd love to see you around the City more. Remember our drive-by eclipses of the heart?

    ReplyDelete