Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Milk - Boxed, Jugged, or Bagged?

When Stephen and I moved in together in Toronto, we started buying four litres of milk every week-ten days. It was the perfect quantitiy that would satisfy Stephen's cookie & cereal habits and my latte requirements. In Ontario, you can buy reusable plastic milk bag holders that you insert your bag of milk into. The delightful thing about the system was that you ended up with a few plastic bags for the garbage and the bag that held the milk could be used as a lunch bag.

I'm not sure why, but if you know please spill (but don't cry over spilled...waa waa): in Sask we can only find 2 litre boxes of milk or 4 litre plastic jugs. Stephen hates the jugs because they take up so much room in the fridge. I hate the boxes because I usually end up at the corner store in the middle of the night to buy a box to avoid Stephen's whining about not having milk for his cereal. His sobbing wakes me up in the morning.

We are really having trouble with this adjustment so we decided to get pregnant so I could produce our own milk...uh...ok, not really. Was that going to far?

2 comments:

  1. Ewwwwww!

    Instead of a lawnmower, get a cow. Not only will you never have to cut your grass again, but you will also have milk on demand {and fertalizer for your gardens!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The milk situation here sucks compared to Ontario! The jugs and cartons are recyclable, but if there is one tiny whiff of rotten milk in the shipment, they turn it around at the border, and it all gets thrown out. Boo.

    Good idea producing your own...I'll see if B will agree to up her production ;)

    ReplyDelete