I had hoped that moving to Saskatchewan might slow down the pace of our lives a little bit. In fact, I was almost certain it would seeing as we both had very full-time jobs with full-time renovation side jobs and Stephen and a full slate of real side job clients that seemed to be growing by the week in Toronto. Often he would be put on nights and we might pass by each other for an hour or so in the morning or right after work.
And so, for the past 5 weeks Stephen has been working the most ridiculous shifts since I've known him. Today was 6:30am-3:30pm and then again from 8:30pm until 1am or so. I worked from 8:30am-5:30pm, and then again from 6:30pm-9pm. Tomorrow he starts at 6am, but he does have time to drop me off at the airport at 5:30am.
It's just silly. Instead of saying "see you later" to each other we've started to say "see you in the bed...if I roll over". It is, however, way better than living two provinces away from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment