It's the May Long Eve, finally - the start of summer! Because I'm a nostalgic fool, I thought I'd recount some of my favourite May Longs of the past:
1) 2004 - My first May Long with Stephen. We stayed in the city, basking in the glory of our new apartment and walked down to Ontario Place to check out an Imax flick. It turned out to be a 5 hour Bollywood extravaganza on Imax. We left at half-time and had to walk home in the pouring rain due to no cabs.
2) 1999? - Hosted May Long at my Grandparent's cabin at Whitebear Lake. All of my Luther Girls and their assorted guests had a huge weekend long sleepover. It involved a few evenings at the MooseHead, losing Rick, and Ashley making me lunches for work each day.
3) 2007 - Aliza & Kenny's wedding! Kate/Karen/Stephen/Ella and I having a huge sleepover in Kate's mom's basement in Mississauga...and enjoying the animals...and the curried goat.
4) 2006 - Taking my mom to the Carlini cottage for the weekend and getting eaten alive by Blackflies, but having fun nonetheless.
5) 2008 - Spending the entire weekend working on the house and packing for the big move to Saskatchewan.
What will 2009 bring? Thus far - a lack of plans especially now that the offer on that house fell through!
6) 2009- Sitting on Brenda and Chris's couch, coming up with ways to get ACDC to play for you (I heard a rumour that it's happening, by the way...) and patiently enduring Brenda foisting pregnancy books upon you. Hey-- at least you weren't camping! (and there's still three days to improve upon the story)
ReplyDelete