Ever have those mornings where your bed is so deliciously comfortable, your shower is so hot and luxurious, your breakfast is so delicious, and you just want to sit around and drink warm beverages and read books all day?
Yeah, so I lured myself into work with the promise of a latte from Stone's Throw.
I had a couple real barn burner meetings followed by a two hour lunch meeting which drained all energy. So I headed in for more comfort. Another latte from Starbucks...I know I know...supposed to be cutting down on the caffeine, but I really really needed it today. I treated myself to a couple of quick phone calls to Kate and Karen. Karen gave me the best Orchestral come-back line of all time, "Why don't you stick your bow up your...and lube it up with some rosin..." Oh dear.
Post work, I dragged myself to Sobey's to "make supper" which consisted of "Ukrainian Meal" (heats up in only 2-4 minutes in your average microwave) and "Greek Salad". Then I drove ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way over to Whitmore Park and taped around our trim for about an hour. Ate supper with Steve. Primed trim while Stephen painted it. Just painstaking work, but it got better when we started singing along to Kenny Rogers' greatest hits and as I ate 3 popsicles...yeah, that helped.
We are so not in to renovating this house. It's great, but we don't love it like our other house. I hope it can't sense that from us. It's hard to believe we'll be moved in less than a week...particularly since we haven't started packing yet.
Where did my positivity baton go?
No comments:
Post a Comment