Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rouleau Community Garage Sale

We decided to spend our Saturday searching for some deals for our new house and checked out the ever-popular www.usedregina.com (more popular than craigslist here) to find a list of sales. We ended up heading to Wascana View and then took the thirty minute drive to Rouleau, SK (aka Dog River) to check out their community garage sale.

Our shopping list included:
- furniture for the basement
- futon or bed for the guest room
- lawnmower
- sandwich maker

We ended up purchasing:
- one MEC backpack ($20)
- two matching orange chairs ($10)
- sandwich maker ($1)
- pick axe ($5)
- 60s era light fixture ($4)
- stovetop coffee perculator ($1)
- leaf shaped plate ($2)
- 8mm movie camera ($2)
- 2 cheeseburgers ($8)
- 2 chocolate chip cookies ($1)

1 comment:

  1. Is it odd that I just got insanely excited when I saw "Rouleau" in your title... I grew up there! Not that that has anything to do with your post but... umm...yeah...

    ReplyDelete