Monday, June 8, 2009

Quickie to Saskatoon

On Friday I found out that I had an important meeting that I had to hit in Saskatoon today. This really made my day, seeing as this meant that I would have to put in at least 4 hours of work on Sunday as I'm off to another conference tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Anyway, I jumped in my lovely little old car and hit the road cranking the tunes as I drove through sporadic rainshowers. The nostalgic fool in me came out again and I have to share some numbered memories of driving this route.

1) Age 15 with my fresh learner's license, driving to Saskatoon with my Mom for the weekend.
2) 1989 - driving up to Saskatoon with my Dad to take in the Canada Games
3) Age 17, heading up in my 1989 Pontiac 6000 with a car full of friends to check out a Tragically Hip Concert
4) A few short years ago, driving back from Saskatoon with Stephen stopping at every little town along the way to explore, thoroughly enjoying our summer holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment